Experts in Switchboard Installation
Your electrical switchboard is at the core of your home’s power. When the switchboard is malfunctioning, you could be facing blackouts and more. After Hours Electrical technicians are experts in switchboard maintenance and installation. We’re available 24/7, every day of the year, including public holidays, and we charge the same rates at all hours.
We Understand Your Switchboard
Are you experiencing regular blackouts and power outages? If so, it’s time to do something about it. Domestic electrical issues should never be ignored and that means checking out your switchboard.
To the untrained eye, knowing what a switchboard is can be a bit confusing. It’s not an isolated piece of equipment, but rather a part of your home’s entire electrical system.
When something goes wrong with the power, you can trace it to the source at the fuse box or electrical meter box. This houses the switchboard, main switch, RCD safety switches and circuit breakers. The fuse box is typically near the front of a house, on an internal or external wall. It might contain the electricity meter as well.
Inside your electric meter box you’ll find the following key components:
- Switchboard: This is the overall unit that houses the main switch and circuit breakers. Think of it like the control panel for the power supply to household circuits.
- Main switch: The electrical main switch is the overall master control. When it’s switched off or is tripped, the whole home loses power.
- Circuit breakers: Circuit breakers provide protection for fuses. They prevent excess electrical current distribution, and will trip and turn off to stop the power supply. There are often individual circuit breakers for lighting, hot water systems, air conditioning etc to prevent any one circuit from overloading.
- RCD safety switches: Designed for human safety, residual current devices (RCD) cut off the power instantly when an imbalance is detected in the circuit. Although they work essentially the same as a circuit breaker, RCD safety switches react to more sensitive changes in current.
Each element can be broken down and assessed individually when you’re having problems with power. However, After Hours Electrical experts will always look at your entire electrical system for a thorough fault finding analysis.
Replacing Old Electrical Switchboards
When your switchboard is old and faulty, you need the problem solved quickly. You can’t play games with your home’s electrical system.
At After Hours Electrical, we have a team of highly trained professionals who can offer safe maintenance and installation services. We operate 24/7, every day of the year, in all capital cities and surrounding areas around Australia. Call us immediately if:
- You have old ceramic rewireable fuses instead of regulated circuit breakers in your switchboard
- You experience regular power outages
- Your switchboard is outdated, without appropriate safety switches
- You suffer from frequent blown fuses
- Your switchboard’s wiring looks overcrowded
Old household switchboards pose a risk of fire and electrocution, offering less protection against the high voltage frequencies that run through them. Upgrading to a new switchboard with circuit breakers and safety switches will ensure the safety of you and your family.
Why Choose After Hours Electrical for Switchboard Service?
Emergency switchboard faults never stick to a schedule. Your power never fails at a convenient time; it’s usually late at night or on a weekend.
After Hours Electrical is on your side. We operate 24/7, every day of the year, which includes public holidays. After Hours Electrical can be there when you need us most and we charge the same rates after hours.
When you call After Hours Electrical you get all the advantages of our experience, knowledge and professionalism, including:
- Fully qualified and licensed electrical contractors available 24/7, every day of the year
- All our electricians undergo regular training so they’re up to date with the latest technology
- A range of interest free** payment options
- A 12-month warranty on all electrical work, materials and parts installed and supplied by us
- $20 million public liability insurance
- Tracking and dispatch that uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure we are always on time
- We aim to be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call
- No extra charges for after-hours work
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- We charge by the job, not by the hour
Interest Free** Switchboard Installation
Replacing an old switchboard is not usually high on most people’s to-do lists. It’s usually an emergency that strikes unexpectedly, forcing us to dip into our savings when we least expect it.
That’s why After Hours Electrical offers a range of interest free** payment plans for eligible customers. Your After Hours electrician can take you through the simple application process on site and approval usually takes only a few minutes.
You can choose a payment plan with one of our providers – Zip or Humm – and enjoy the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
Then you can relax while an After Hours Electrical professional installs or repairs your electrical switchboard. You can also pay by cash, cheque or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
For more details on electrical switchboards, contact After Hours Electrical. You can reach us by phone or fill out our online form and a member of our friendly customer service team will get back to you.