We Are Your Experts in Surge Protectors
Are you looking to have a surge protector installed? Or perhaps you need a current model replaced? At After Hours Electrical, we are experts in surge protectors and can provide the best option for you. We have plenty of experience in electrical systems and we’re available 24/7, every day of the year, including public holidays. We charge the same rates at all hours.
Surge Protectors Services Near You
Power surges can badly damage expensive and sensitive electronics in your home, especially TVs and computers. Overvoltages can cause irreversible damage to your cherished appliances. When this happens, all you can do is replace the damaged electronics, which can be an expensive exercise.
A surge protector (or surge suppressor) protects your equipment from power surges. This means you won’t need to face the costs that come with replacing those expensive items. It’s a kind of electronic insurance and After Hours Electrical can provide it.
Different Types of Surge Protectors
Essentially there are three types of surge protectors, which are:
- Portable – These are power boards that include a surge protection device. They protect any appliances plugged into them.
- Powerpoint – Powerpoint surge protectors have to be installed by a licensed electrician. They replace standard powerpoints to provide specific protection for home offices or living rooms or anywhere there are expensive appliances.
- Main switchboard – The best option for the home is a surge protector that is installed in your main switchboard. This must be installed by a licensed electrician. Some of these kinds of surge protectors have components that you can replace without having to disconnect the power. They have an indicator that shows when overload has happened, and you need to install a new module. If the spent modules are left here, the power will still work, but devices will not be protected from damage if there is another surge.
Experts in Whole House Surge Protection
Electricity consumption is on the rise. Australian homes are continuously running numerous electrical devices, including televisions, computers, air conditioners, and a whole range of sensitive electronics that can be wiped out by internal power surges.
Even if a device is in standby mode, it’s still connected to the power grid. Connected devices can be affected by power surges and power outages even when they’re not in use.
This electricity increase is known as transient voltage, but is commonly referred to as one of the following:
- Power spikes – An increase in voltage that lasts less than two nanoseconds.
- Power surges – An increase in voltage that lasts for two nanoseconds or longer, often lower voltage but far more dangerous for equipment.
The duration of a power surge means the connected appliances are overwhelmed with excessive power for longer, which can do significantly more damage to components in electrical devices. A power surge can burn out filaments, break circuit boards or even start fires.
That’s why surge protection is so crucial for your household. Whole house surge protection keeps your electrical system safe in the event of a direct lightning strike, downed power lines, or other massive power surges. You need the expertise and experience of the technicians at After Hours Electrical.
Why Choose After Hours Electrical?
Electrical surges are unpredictable and can occur at any time. You need a solution that provides protection at all times, such as a main switchboard surge protector.
In Australia, all electrical work must be conducted by a qualified and fully licensed electrician, such as the experts at After Hours Electrical. Due to the increasingly complex nature of electrical wiring in modern homes, it’s more important than ever to get professional help with the installation of surge protectors.
When you call After Hours Electrical you get all the advantages of our experience, knowledge and professionalism, including:
- Fully qualified and licensed electrical contractors available 24/7, every day of the year
- All our electricians undergo regular training so they’re up to date with the latest technology
- A range of interest free** payment options
- A 12-month warranty on all electrical work, materials and parts installed and supplied by us
- $20 million public liability insurance
- Tracking and dispatch that uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure we are always on time
- We aim to be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call
- No extra charges for after-hours work
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- We charge by the job, not by the hour.
Interest Free** Surge Protector Installation
Installing and maintaining a surge protector for the safety of your household is not something that can be ignored. However, we realise it might not be a convenient time for your annual budget.
That’s why After Hours Electrical offers a range of interest free** payment plans for eligible customers. Our electrical expert can take you through the simple application process on site and approval usually takes only a few minutes.
You can select a payment plan with one of our providers – Zip or Humm – and you can enjoy the convenience of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
Then you can relax while an After Hours Electrical professional protects your home from power surges. You can also pay with cash, cheque or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
For more details about surge protector installation and maintenance, contact After Hours Electrical. You can get in touch by phone, or fill in our online form, and one of our friendly customer service staff members will get in touch with you.