We are Your Experts in Smart Lighting
More and more homeowners across Australia are discovering the benefits of home automation through smart technology. Aside from improving the energy efficiency of many of the utilities and services you use, smart technology can also provide added convenience and flexibility. One of the most common entry points that people start with when it comes to smart home technology is with smart lighting.
If you’re looking to take advantage of the benefits of smart light installation in your home, or simply need your existing smart lighting looked at by a qualified electrician, trust in the expertise and experience of After Hours Electrical.
What is Smart Lighting?
If you’re not familiar with smart technology, this might be the first question on your mind.
Smart lighting takes lighting your home to the next level with improved efficiency, added convenience and even greater creativity. You have greater control over the way in which you use your lights, from the dimming capabilities to preset timers and even a full spectrum of colour options.
Smart light switches allow you to simply set and forget, so you can kick back on the couch or curl up under the covers and let the lights operate themselves.
You can even control smart lighting from your smartphone or voice activated home assistant. Better still, with your smartphone you don’t even need to be at home. If you forget to switch off the lights when you leave home for work, or want to have them on for when you get back home, simply operate them from your favourite smart device.
The Benefits of Smart Light Installation
Upgrading your home to smart lighting provides it, and you, with a multitude of benefits. They can include:
- Greater energy efficiency – smart LED light bulbs can last up to 20 times longer than the old, inefficient incandescent bulbs.
- Greater convenience – you can program the lights to switch on and off at a set time, or simply control them from the couch using your smartphone, tablet or a voice activated home assistant.
- Greater creativity/mood setting capabilities – with a vast array of colour options available, you can set the lighting to create a mood or simply have some fun with the lighting in your room. Choose from standard or adjustable white bulbs, or experiment with RGB colour bulbs that change colour on demand!
- Long lasting – smart light bulbs can provide up to 25,000 hours of life.
When you choose to install smart lights, the benefits it will provide your home will make all the world of difference. Discover for yourself today.
Points to Consider When Installing Smart Lights
Making the switch to smart lighting is not as simple as just choosing a light globe at the supermarket. There are numerous points you should consider in order to enjoy the complete range of benefits.
- Home assistant connection – Voice activated home assistant systems like Apple’s Siri, Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa are largely vital to home automation systems. If you’re installing smart lighting and this is your entry point into smart home technology, you’ll want to choose a platform to operate them through.
- Do you need a hub? – Since smart lights need to be connected to your network to function, at least with Bluetooth but ideally through Wi-Fi, you may need a Wi-Fi hub in order to be able to control your lights from a greater distance.
- Do you have old dimmer switches in your home? – If you’ve installed dimmer switches for your lighting in years gone by, you might find that they’re not particularly compatible with your new smart lights. As your new smart lighting will come with its own dimmable capabilities, the dual dimming functions can work against each other and cause the lights to flicker. The flickering can cause a strobing effect which might be a problem for some occupants of your home.
An After Hours Electrical smart light installation technician will be able to discuss everything you need to know about smart lighting with you so you can get the very best out of it.
After Hours Electrical – Your Smart Light Specialists
When you need specialist service and advice on all matters smart lighting for the home, you need After Hours Electrical. We can help you with all your installation, repair and upgrading needs so you and your home can enjoy all the benefits.
- All of our technicians are licensed and certified, boast a wealth of experience and keep their skills and knowledge up to date with regular training refreshers.
- We’re available to install smart lights in your home 24/7, every day of the year.
- Got a smart lighting emergency? We can be at your home within 30 minutes* of your call.
- We offer a fixed-price guarantee, meaning you don’t pay extra for out of business hours call outs – this includes weekends and public holidays.
- You’re quoted by the job rather than by the hour.
- A range of interest free** payment terms.
- Our 12-month workmanship warranty provides added peace of mind.
- $20 million public liability insurance.
After Hours Electrical’s state-of-the-art service vehicles feature the latest in GPS technology which enables us to be able to let you know that we’re on the way and how far we are. They also come equipped with all the tools and parts we need to complete the job with optimal ease.
Interest Free** Smart Lighting Installation
Smart lighting installation cost can vary from job to job, depending on the specifics of the work required. Each job is different. If you’re unsure about smart lighting installation cost, we’ve got you covered.
After Hours Electrical offers a range of interest free** payment options for eligible customers. Your electrician can take you through the application process on site and approval usually only takes a few minutes.
Choose a payment plan with one of our providers – Humm or Zip – and enjoy the convenience of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
Then you can relax while an After Hours electrician installs your smart lights. We also accept payment by cash, cheque and credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
Contact After Hours Electrical Today
Experience the difference that smart lighting makes to your home with the help and expertise of After Hours Electrical. From new installations to upgrades and repairs, we do it all. If you’d like to book our services, any day of the year, give us a call or request a callback by contacting us online.