Do You Need Downlight Installation?
After Hours Electrical can provide expert advice on the right style of downlights for your home. Our professional electricians will place an emphasis on value, energy efficiency, quality workmanship and superior products to brighten up your property. We’re available 24/7, every day of the year, and we charge the same rates at all hours.
We are Quality Downlight Installation Specialists
LED (light emitting diodes) downlights should last at least 10 years. If you’re regularly replacing downlight bulbs then there is likely to be something wrong with the fitting or the wattage of the bulbs. Halogen downlights are being phased out, so really the only choice – and the best choice – is installing LED downlights.
After Hours Electrical has a team of fully qualified electricians to sort out your downlight installation. They have the experience to advise you on correct spacing, ideal lumen (brightness) levels and appropriate colour temperature.
If you’re looking to make a change and upgrade to LED downlights, or if you’re in need of repairs, After Hours Electrical has the expertise to get the job done right.
Different Types of Downlights
The style of downlights you choose can have a huge impact on the look of your home. It affects the ambience of your home both inside and out. Downlights are not only available in different sizes and shapes but also in different colours.
Here’s a look at some of the styles of downlights After Hours Electrical can install in your home:
- Recessed downlights – These downlights are versatile and can be installed on the surface as well as inside your ceiling.
- Surface downlights – These can be installed where recessed lighting is not possible.
- Pendant downlights – Pendants downlights (or luminaires) are fashionable and can completely change the mood of a room.
- Semi-recessed downlights – These lights are similar to recessed downlights and are suited to kitchens and bathrooms.
- Adjustable downlights – These downlights can be adjusted to point in different directions, depending on your needs.
Outdoor downlights – Outdoor downlights are water resistant and can boost your home’s security as well as the look of your outdoor space.
Installing LED Downlights
After Hours Electrical specialises in LED downlight installations. LEDs are becoming increasingly popular in Australian homes due to their energy efficiency and long life expectancy.
LED lights produce a powerful light with only a small wattage, using almost 85% less power than other kinds of downlights, and almost 50% less power compared to fluorescent lights.
Some of the many benefits of LED downlights include:
- An estimated lifespan of up to 25 years
- Even at the end of its lifespan, and LED will still emit 70% of its original brightness
- They are environmentally friendly, and the there’s no hazardous Mercury (which is used in fluorescent lights)
- They don’t heat up as much as other downlights
- Easy to retrofit
- Available in a range of switchable colour temperatures
- Energy star product
- Halogen downlights are being phased out
- Compatible with smart home automation systems
LED downlights are a more costly option upfront but the potential savings in energy is considerable, along with the benefits of their long lifespan. The difference is rapidly paid off in savings.
Why Choose After Hours for Downlight Installation?
To get the most out of your downlights, they should be installed by an expert electrician with an eye for lighting design. That’s where you need After Hours Electrical. We can advise you on optimum spacing, the number of downlights you need and what kind of colour temperature is required.
Our aim is to improve the look of your home to your satisfaction. When you call After Hours Electrical you get all the advantages of our experience and professionalism, including:
- Fully qualified and licensed electrical contractors available 24/7, every day of the year
- All our electricians undergo regular training so they’re current with the latest technology
- A range of interest free** payment options
- A 12-month warranty on all electrical work, materials and parts installed and supplied by us
- $20 million public liability insurance
- Tracking and dispatch that uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure we are always on time
- We aim to be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call
- No extra charges for after hours work
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- We charge by the job, not by the hour
Interest Free** Downlight Installation
Your home is your biggest investment and you know when it’s time to make changes. Installing a new lighting system is one of the best ways to change your home’s look, both inside and out. But can you justify a lighting change in your household budget?
That’s why After Hours Electrical relieves the financial stress by offering a range of interest free** payment plans for eligible customers. Your professional electrician can take you through the simple application process on site and approval usually only takes a few minutes.
You can select a payment plan with one of our providers – Zip or Humm – and enjoy the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. After that, you can relax while After Hours Electrical installs new downlighting to brighten your home.
For more details on downlight installation contact After Hours Electrical by phone or fill out our online form and one of our friendly customer service staff members will get back to you.